Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Time Traveler's Wife


Last night my mom and I went on a little mother daughter date to see “The Time Traveler’s Wife."  It is one of our favorite books and we have been waiting a year for the movie to come out.  I was really surprised by how much I liked it.  There were some things I was dissapointed about, but if I had never read the book and only seen the movie I think I would have really loved it.  Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams were not nearly as excentric/forlackofabetterwordfunky as I imagined Claire and Henry (him more so than her).  Part of this was because, there were a lot of things that weren’t in the movie that were what formed this character trait (ie. No Violent Femmes concert, no baby punks at the party).  The other thing I have to complain about is that Henry’s suicidal ex-girlfriend, Ingrid, is not in the movie.  As one of my favorite characters in the book, I thought she really carried the plot along and couldn’t imagine the movie without her.  They pulled it off by leaving many major story lines out.  Over all, I was very pleased with the movie.

Originally written 8/17/09

No comments: