Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Disney/Warped/Mraz Summer 2009

We spent our first park day at EPCOT.  In the living seas we saw two manatees.  They were incredible.  They were both rescued and one had lost a fin and the other part of its tale, most likely from a boating accident.  They were beautiful creatures.


I met Alice in the U.K.


The new store, Tren-D, in Downtown Disney is adorable.  I got some cozy Alice in Wonderland PJ’s and a really cute Mickey t-shirt.  Definitely worth checking out.


We ate at the Pooh Brunch in the Crystal Palace and it was delicious.  I had a chocolate chip Mickey pancake that was to die for.  Dad realized that if you make a late reservation you can stick around while they switch from breakfast to lunch.  Dad did eat some of both and said that it was definitely worth it.



The new Midway Mania is one of my favorite rides at MGM, but we had never waited in the standby line.  When we went to the MGM Extra Magic hours it was too late to get a Fast Pass so we decided to go for the forty minute wait (totally worth it).  Because we had never waited, we had never seen the Mr. Potatohead animatronic in the stand by line.  He was insane.  One of the best I’ve seen.  He talked to people in line and even pulled his own ear out and went on to put it back in.  That alone was worth the wait.


As always, we accompanied Dad to the Disney Vacation Club presentation.  This one was about the new Bay Lake Towers at the Contemporary and the new benefits they have.  What he didn’t tell us was after the meeting there would be a dance party with the characters.  It was so much fun.  They had desserts and (my favorite) the delicious ice cream novelties.  We had a late tour group, thus waiting around for a while.  When it got near the end it was practically us and the characters.  We had a ball.


On Friday, Warped Tour was in Orlando.  Though we weren’t going until Sunday in Tampa, we decided we would go ahead and check out the Denny’s Allnighter.  It was a lot of fun.  I met Mike from Devil Wears Prada and Ben and Nate from Sing it Loud.  I had never eaten at a Denny’s before and I was surprised by how much I liked the food.  I enjoy a meal where I can have nachos and pancakes.



On Sunday we went to Warped Tour in St. Petersburg.  I had never been to Warped before and I had so much fun.  I got to watch Hit the Lights, All Time Low, Sing it Loud, Big D and the Kids Table, Down with Webster, Cash Cash, White Tie Affair, and Meg and Dia, among others.  I saw Nate from Sing it Loud again and he remembered me!  He is a sweet heart.  He was so sweet and we had a nice chat about there CD as well as other things.  I also had a long conversation with David from Big D and the Kids Table and he was really nice.  Their set was probably my favorite.  Everyone was dancing and having a great time.






We drove straight from Orlando to the Verizon Wireless Ampitheatre in Atlanta.  We got there a bit late and missed The Plain White T’s, but we did get to see G. Love and the Special Sauce.  They were awesome, but nothing could top Jason Mraz.  He sounded amazing.  The show was so much fun.


Originally written 7/29/09













No comments: