Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Motion City Soundtrack Round 2



Tuesday night was the much awaited Motion City Soundtrack show at the 40 Watt.  Being all ages, I took Morgie with me and we had a blast.  Sing it Loud started playing the second we walked in.  They were playing a lot of songs off their next album.  I liked getting to hear these fun, new songs live, as well as some old favorites mixed in.  After their set Morgan and I met up with some of our other friends.  Caty and I scanned the merch booth and made great friends with Ben Peterson, Sing it Loud’s keyboardist.  Morgan and I went back over there later and talked some to Nate Flynn.  Ben and Nate could not have been nicer.  They were both so sweet and took as much time to get to know us as we took to get to know them.  A Rocket to the Moon played next.  I was not too familiar with their music, only knowing one or two songs, but their set made me want to get acquainted.  Next up, Fun went on.  They were awesome.  Their set was so playful and bouncy.  I could have listened to them all night.  Unfortunately they did leave the stage and it was the moment everyone was waiting for, Motion City.  They played an amazing set.  It has been over a year since the last time I saw them, and it was much overdue.  Justin Pierre is amazingly talented and effortlessly cool.  The highlight of my night would have to be their last song, “Everything is Alright."  Everyone went crazy.  We were dancing and belting the lyrics along with Justin’s pitch perfect voice.  It was an amazing night filled with great friends and awesome music.  What more do you need?

Originally written 4/23/10

No comments: