Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blink 182

Last night Me, Michael, Mary Katherine, Margaret, and Neal went and saw Blink 182.  Incredible show.  We got there around 6:45.  We picked up some merch and then headed to the pit.  The show hadn’t started yet because of some line up changes.  Fall Out Boy and All American Rejects were supposed to be there.  I think it was because of the rescheduling.  We never got the whole story.  Asher Roth was still there and we got Valencia instead of the other too.  It was kind of disappointing, but we still had a blast.  Valenica went first.  I had never listened to any of their stuff and they were pretty good.  Asher Roth was after that.  I have to say, I really enjoyed him.  I didn’t think I would, but I did.  We all have new found crushes on him.  As a prank during his set Blink dropped the curtains, turned all the lights off, and sent out male strippers.  The best part about it was that they stopped for a couple minutes and then just kept on going strippers and all.  (Asher and his crew got them back by coming out during “All the Small Things" wearing nothing but their underwear.)

After Asher, we had to wait a bit for Blink to come out, but when they did they did with a bang.  Their set was incredible.  I didn’t know what to look at for half of the show.  The crowd was pretty rough.  I was in the middle of it at first, but after a couple of songs had to get out and get something to drink.  Micheal and I stood towards the back of the pit and we still had an awesome view, but were able to freely dance around all we wanted.  After playing for a bit, they said they went off (though everyone knew they would be coming back on).  The first thing they started with was Travis’ solo.  Unbelievable.  When he started to rise into the air I couldn’t beleve it, and then the set started spinning.  It was fantastic.  Then they played a couple more songs and went off.  They night was so much fun.  If I ever have the chance to see them perform again it would definitely be worth while.


The girls when we first got there


Valencia


More Valencia


Me, Michael, and "Tom"


Asher Roth


During Asher Roth's set


Blink!




Travis' solo


Originally written 10/9/09

No comments: