Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Retail Therapy


I’m sitting in study hall after what has started to be a fairly crumby morning. We arrived at school late. I did not realize I had study hall and showed up there late too. The proctor wasn’t the nicest person about it. Obviously, the only thing that could turn my morning around is an Amazon shopping spree. It feels good to silently rebel against my study hall proctor by not doing work (I don’t think anyone in this classroom actually is) and my morning is much better knowing “Fantastic Mr. Fox," She and Him: Volume Two, the “Where the Wild Things Are" soundtrack, “Kiki’s Delivery Service," Julian Casablanca’s solo album, and the White Stripe’s Under the Great Northern Lights DVD, and a Mary Blair illustrated Alice in Wonderland picture book will soon be mine.

Fun Fact: Kirstin Dunst voices Kiki in the English version of “Kiki’s Delivery Service."  I had no idea.

Originally written 3/16/10

No comments: