Saturday, July 6, 2013

Let's Move to Pasadena


It was the great Penny Lane who said "If you ever get lonely, just go to the record store and visit your friends."  Friendship is the perfect way to describe my relationship with the Modern Skirts.  I started listening and going to their shows in high school and they quickly became a piece of my home in Athens.  I often found myself starstruck upon seeing the band's members in local restaurants or making small talk with them in the frozen food section of Trader Joe's.  After I moved to Milledgeville for school they even came and played a couple of shows there, giving me the opportunity to introduce them to my new friends at school.  One of my favorites of these shows was an intimate acoustic set in the then open Jittery Joe's (another piece of home I was happy to find away at school).  I was saddened to hear of their time coming to an end, but happy to keep the memories I did have with the band, whether it be their last show at this year's Athfest or driving on a sunny day singing all of the words to "My Lost Soprano" with my roommate.


2011 Show in the Milledgeville Jittery Joe's


Final show at this year's Athfest




No comments: