Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Fall Ball 2009

Yesterday was Mom’s last day in town before leaving for Chicago this morning, so of course we said goodbye with a good ol’ fashion Solomon family adventure.  We went the Masquerade in Atlanta to see the Fall Ball!  Unfortunatley The Academy Is…’s bus broke down and they were not able to make it there.  Major bummer.  We still had a good time though.  We arrived a little late and got there right when The Secret Handshake started playing.  They were really great.  I ended up buying their CD after their set.  I was even able to get Little Morgie up into the crowd with me a little bits.  They played “Party in the U.S.A." and it became a major dance party.  After their set we walked around Heaven a bit.  We met Luis from The Secret Handshake and met some of the guys from You Me at Six.  Set Your Goals played next.  I didn’t know any of their stuff, but it was way good.  After their set Mom, Morgan, and I hung out in Purgatory some.  After a bit, I went back up for Mayday Parade.  They killed.  Their set was awsome and they were so much fun to watch.  I had blast.  After the show I met Derek after the show.  It sucked that TAI wasn’t there, but it was really a great night anyways.


The Secret Handshake


Matt from You Me at Six


Josh from You Me at Six


The building the Masquerade is in is incredible.  It used to be a paper mill.  And word on the street is it’s haunted.


Luis from the Secret Handshake


Derek from Mayday Parade



Originally written 10/29/09

No comments: