Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Athens Eats



Being my last week of summer in Athens, I’ve taken the time to eat at some fabulous local restaurants.  So, come with me on this journey of delicious food…
I’ll start with Monday, the day of two dinners.

I went with my family to Mirko, but wasn’t planning on eating anything because I was going out to dinner with some friends.  Once we arrived at the restaurant, there was no way I could pass it up.  I had a delicious meal of pasta with a polpa di grachio sauce.  We completed the meal with two pieces of the best tiramisu I’ve ever eaten.

After Mirko, I met up with some friends at Cali ‘N Tito’s.  Here I had fish tacos that were out of this world.  I had a strawberry Fanta to drink, and it was quite a treat.  I can’t wait to get my hands on another one.


Tuesday’s lunch at the Last Resort was phenomenal.  I had the most amazing crab cakes. Morgan and I split a piece of chocolate mocha cake for dessert.  The Last Resort is the kind of place you can go and feel like a lady when you’re there.  No matter how fast you scarf down dessert.


Yesterday’s lunch was held at Lumpkin Cafe.  Much like the Last Resort, Lumpkin Cafe is somewhat on the frou frou side and one feels very lady like when dining there.  The special was the Chicken Avocado Spinach salad, and it was as beautiful as it was delicious (this picture doesn’t do it justice).  Spinach, chicken, avocado, blueberries, and red peppers all topped with a vinaigrette dressing.  I can guarantee you I will be attempting to recreate this in my dorm room.

Originally written August 2010.



No comments: