Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Your Show



Last night I traveled to the Masquerade for the Disco Balls and Blow Up Dolls tour. It was a good show and I had a lot of fun, but not because of Metro Station. They only sounded okay and they seemed as if they couldn't wait to get off stage. Tyga was not that great either. I think he has ruined his own concerts by collaborating with someone more famous and more talented than him on almost every song off his album. While this is a good idea to get your name out, it really makes his live show a disappointment. With that being said, here are the things that made my night. Cash Cash and The White Tie Affair. Oh how I love them both. Cash Cash played first. They sounded great and had awesome energy on stage. After the show they played an acoustic set outside. Definitely upped their awesome points. I got to talk to some of them after the show and they were all extremely nice. White Tie also sounded great and put on an awesome show. I met Chris after the show and he couldn't have been nicer. The show will really go well for Cash Cash and White Tie if Metro Station continues to run through a set at the speed of light and hop right off the stage and onto their bus. A year from now when I look back on this, that's what I'll remember. That they didn't sound that great, but I stood there after the show, had a great conversation with Chris Wallace.

Links of Interest
Metro Station
Tyga
The White Tie Affair
Cash Cash

No comments: