Monday, November 3, 2008

I Thought This Would be a Good Way to Sort of Get My Taste Out There

Name your top 10 most played bands on iTunes (Or Last.FM):

  1. Fall Out Boy
  2. The Academy Is...
  3. Cobra Starship
  4. The Eagles
  5. Aerosmith
  6. Led Zeppelin
  7. Panic at the Disco
  8. Weezer
  9. The Cab
  10. Hawthorne Heights


What was the first song you ever heard by 6 (Led Zeppelin)?
"Stairway to Heaven." I'm sure that this has become a very stereotypical response to this question. I love Zeppelin and "Stairway" is definetly on of my favorite songs ever.

What is your favorite album of 2 (The Academy Is...)?
Not Fast Times at Barrington High. I love Santi, but I'm going to have to go with Almost Here. It's one of the few albums I can listen to from beginning to finish without skipping a song.

What is your favorite lyric that 5 (Aerosmith) has sung?
"There's something wrong with the world today The light bulb's getting dim."

How many times have you seen 4 (The Eagles) live?
Once. I saw them over the summer and it was possibly the best concert I've ever been to.

What is your favorite song by 7 (Panic at the Disco)?
Currently, "Northern Downpour." See below entry.

What is a good memory you have involving the music of 10 (Hawthorne Heights)?
I recently won tickets to see them.

Is there a song of 3 (Cobra Starship) that makes you sad?
How could Cobra every make me sad? The lyrics to "The World Has It's Shine" are very sweet in a happy/sad kind of way.

What is your favorite lyric that 2 (The Academy Is...) has sung?
I'll never get tired of "Classified."

How did you get into 3 (Cobra Starship)?
I looked them up when I got tickets to go see the Honda Civic Tour when they were on it. Ironically it was around the same time "Snakes on a Plane" came out.

What was the first song you heard by 1 (Fall Out Boy)?

"Sugar We're Going Down." No I'm not an original Take This to Your Grave fan. The first time I heard the song was when I first saw the video on TV. Boy with antlers, I loved it.

What is your favorite song by 4 (The Eagles)?
I've listened to "One of These Nights" a lot lately. "Witchy Woman" never gets old.

How many times have you seen 9 (The Cab) live?
Once. And I got there during their last song. I'm actually going to see them tomorrow and I'm really excited about it.

What is a good memory you have involving 2 (The Academy Is...)?
Nothing in particular. I saw them in concert recently and that was amazing. Some of their songs just go with random memories in my head. (i.e. I got Almost Here the day we left for Disney World a couple years ago (The day after I saw them live for the first time). I wrote a blog about "Slow Down.")

Is there a song of 8 (Weezer) that makes you sad?
"Heart Songs" off of their new album is a nice kind of sad.

What is your favorite album of 5 (Aerosmith)?
The only one I own is Young Lust, and it's awesome.

What is your favorite lyric that 3 (Cobra Starship) has sung?
"Not long ago, I gave up hope, But you came along, You gave me something I can hold on to, and I want to, More than you could ever know."

What is your favorite song of 1 (Fall Out Boy)?
Right now it's "What a Catch, Donnie." Hands Down.

What is your favorite song of 10 (Hawthorne Heights)?
"Somewhere in Between"

How many times have you seen 8 (Weezer) live?
None.

What is your favorite album of 1 (Fall Out Boy)?
Depends on my mood.

What is a great memory you have considering 9 (The Cab)?
Nothing in particular. I always get in a good mood when I listen to them.

What was the first song you heard by 8 (Weezer)?
"Beverly Hills." I know it's sad.

What is your favorite cover by 2 (The Academy Is...)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjVm8aPmV6A

No comments: